Considerations Now Accepted for 2015 TCM Atlantic Canadian Short Track Draft
Let the debate begin!
Tim’s Corner Motorsports is once again proud to present our second annual Atlantic Canadian Short Track Draft. The draft list was created in 2014 to answer the simple question, if a major United States based stock car racing team came calling for young talent to take to the next level, whom from Atlantic Canada would be best suited for the job. Last season, Dylan Blenkhorn of Truro, Nova Scotia was selected as the top pick and backed it up on track by winning three races on the Parts for Trucks Pro Stock Tour, including the prestigious Atlantic Cat 250, in his second year on the series.
Now, we are asking for your considerations for the 2015 list.
Do you have a driver in mind that we should be taking a hard look at when the panel sits down to go over the eligible drivers for our draft list? We want to hear about them, and why you think they should be on our list!
Here’s a list of criteria to keep in mind when sending in your consideration:
- Driver must not turn older than 21 in 2015 (born in 1994 or after).
- Driver must have been born in Atlantic Canada OR must race actively in Atlantic Canada (ex. calls a track in Canada their home track).
- Driver must not have any previous racing experience higher than a Super Late Model in the United States (NASCAR Touring, ARCA, etc.).
- Driver must have raced actively in 2014. The old adage “What have you done for me lately?” will likely be thrown around during panel consideration.
- What is the driver racing in 2015? Do they have a solid plan to continue their development as a driver, or are they planning on scaling back?
- Media presence. How does the driver conduct themselves in interviews, whether at track or for mainstream media (newspapers, tv, radio, etc.)? How are they at attracting sponsors? Do they have that “complete package” to maintain old and attract new fans off the track?
Considerations will be taken up until March 1st. The panel will meet during March to create the 2015 edition of the list, which will be unveiled at the 41st Annual Castrol Radical Speedsport show at the Moncton Coliseum in Moncton, New Brunswick, from April 17th to 19th.
To submit a driver for consideration for our list, please fill out the form below. Keep in mind, this is not a fan vote. While multiple nominations for the same driver are accepted, spamming the form will not help to advance your driver up the ranking. In saying that, please keep your nominations to one per driver (you may fill out the form multiple times for different drivers, but please nominate each driver you wish to submit for consideration only once).
2014 TCM Atlantic Canadian Short Track Draft List
- Dylan Blenkhorn of Truro, Nova Scotia
- Cole Butcher of Porter’s Lake, Nova Scotia
- Cole Boudreau of Chipman, New Brunswick
- Brad Eddy of Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia
- Cole Tanner of Shubenacadie, Nova Scotia
- Drew Greenlaw of Eastport, Maine
- Andrew Rodgers of Smithtown, New Brunswick
- Adam Meehan of Rawdon, Nova Scotia
- Kenny Mackenzie Jr. of Sailsbury, New Brunswick
- Alexandra O’Blenis of Boundary Creek, New Brunswick
Honorable Mentions: Ryan Mackintosh of Amherst, Nova Scotia, Denver Foran of Edmonton, Alberta.
Marketing opportunities are available for the 2015 TCM Atlantic Canadian Short Track Draft. If you would like to get info on how your company or products can be showcased with the best talent Atlantic Canada has to offer, please contact Tim.
About Tim’s Corner Motorsports:
Tim’s Corner began as a weekly stock car racing column appearing on ScotiaSpeedworld.ca and MaritimeProStockTour.com, penned by track and series announcer Tim Terry. It has now grown to include basic media services for motorsport teams big and small. TimsCorner.ca, the official website of Tim’s Corner Motorsports, is the one stop shop for everything Maritime racing news related – latest results, team news, schedules, track info and much, much more. For more information on Tim’s Corner and services offered, visit TimsCorner.ca!