Scotia Speedworld Announces 2013 Schedule
Scotia Speedworld has released their 2013 schedule on Monday. The track will celebrate their 26th season of stock car racing with 20 stock car racing events from Sunday, May 19th to Saturday, September 14th. The season will be bookended by the Parts for Trucks Pro Stock Tour.
– The Parts for Trucks Pro Stock Tour will once again see four races at the track in 2013. The 14th Annual Atlantic CAT 250 highlights the schedule on August 10th while the June 22nd Pro Stock Tour race (sponsored by Lockhart Truck Center) will see an extra 50 laps added to the previous 100 lap distance. The Season Opener (May 19th) and the The Season Finale 200 (September 14th) will open and close the 13th edition of the Parts for Trucks Pro Stock Tour.
– The Weekly Racing Series opens on Sunday, May 26th with all six divisions in action. The schedule sees racing on 16 Friday nights from May 31st to September 13th.
– The ACE Lumbermart Twin 50s for Thunder and Lightning cars will take place on Friday, July 19th and Friday, August 16th.
– The 19th Annual Shriner’s Classic for Sportsman takes place on Friday, July 26th.
– The Sportsman will also have three extended races on June 22nd (50 Laps), September 14th (50 Laps) and August 9th (100 Laps).
– Fan favorite Kiddie Rides night will take place on June 28th and August 30th.
– The Maple Leaf Monster Jam Tour will be at Scotia Speedworld on Saturday, June 1st (1pm and 7pm shows) and Sunday, June 2nd (1pm show)
– All start times are 7pm unless otherwise indicated.
2013 Scotia Speedworld Schedule
|Sun||19-May – 4pm||Pro Stock Tour Season Opener||PST, LT|
|Sun||26-May – 2pm||Weekly Racing Series Season Opener||BN, LI, TH, TR, LG, SP|
|Fri||31-May||Monster Jam Move In|
|Fri||7-Jun||Sponsor Night TBA||BN, TH, TR, LG, SP|
|Fri||14-Jun||Sponsor Night TBA||BN, LI, TH, TR, LG|
|Fri||21-Jun||Sponsor Night TBA||BN, LI, TH, LG|
|Sat||22-Jun – 6pm||Lockhart Truck Center 150||PST, SP (50), TR|
|Fri||28-Jun||Kiddie Rides||BN, LI, TR, LG, SP|
|Fri||5-Jul||Sponsor Night TBA||BN, LI, TH, TR, SP|
|Fri||12-Jul||Sponsor Night TBA||BN, LI, TH, LG, SP|
|Fri||19-Jul||Ace Lumbermart Twin 50’s||BN, LI (50), TH (50), TR|
|Fri||26-Jul||19th Annual Shriner’s Classic||BN, TH, TR, LG, SP (50)|
|Fri||2-Aug||Canadian National Autism Foundation||LI, TH, TR, LG, SP|
|Fri||9-Aug||Sportsman 100||LI/TH, TR SP (100)|
|Sat||10-Aug – 5pm||Atlantic Cat 250||PST, LT, BN|
|Fri||16-Aug||Ace Lumbermart Twin 50’s||BN, LI (50), TH (50), TR,|
|Fri||23-Aug||Sponsor Night TBA||BN, LI, TR, LG, SP|
|Fri||30-Aug||Kiddie Rides||BN, LI, TH, LG, SP|
|Fri||6-Sep||Sponsor Night TBA||BN, LI, TH, TR, LG|
|Fri||13-Sep||Weekly Racing Series Season Finale||LI, TH, TR, LG|
|Sat||14-Sep – 4pm||Pro Stock Tour Season Finale||PST, BN, SP (50)|
|Subject to change without notice|
About Scotia Speedworld:
Scotia Speedworld (SSW) is a 3/10-mile asphalt oval racing facility. 2013 marks the 26th season of weekly racing at the venue. SSW is the only track in Nova Scotia to host a weekly racing series, which runs May through September and features six different classes of racecars. SSW also hosts special events, including Monster Jam and the Parts for Trucks Pro Stock Tour. SSW is located at Exit 6 on Highway 102, across from the Halifax Stanfield International Airport. For more information please click on www.ScotiaSpeedworld.ca or call our Event Hotline at (902) 873-2277 or our office at (902) 481-2514. Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/sswracing and follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/sswracing