Connect with us

Maritime Racing

Coors Light Sportsman 125 Postponed to September 28th

Photo by McCarthy Photographic

Management at Speedway Miramichi has announced the postponement of the Coors Light Sportsman 125 to Saturday, September 28th after the forecast of persistent rain on Saturday. With other racing events scheduled around Atlantic Canada on Sunday and the next weekend, management has made the move to the September 28th weekend. The Pit Party and Practice presented by Jungle Jims will run on the 27th with the 29th expected to be a raindate.

The Coors Light Sportsman 125 highlights a six division card which is also slated to include Street Stocks, Mini Stocks, Bandoleros, the Atlantic Open Wheel Modifieds and Eastern Super Mini Cup Series. Last season’s event was lost due to rain, making this the first major year end stock car event at the Speedway since its re-opening in 2012.

Stay tuned to for all the up to date info on the event.

Official announcement from Speedway Miramichi.

Very tough one even for our friends at AMEC weather. It is suspected to drizzle and shower throughout the night in various areas of Miramichi. The system is “highly” expected to turn into a very gloomy overcast day with light rain at times and drizzle all over the northern part of the province. It may be hit and miss for areas of the Chi’ but never the less a really crappy day with no winds and or Sun Shine to dry it up for us. The Miramichi area has been hammered with rain and the saturation is terrible. We spent a lot of money to prep the track and do not want to loose what has been done.
Every one know we had promised a large card of events for the day and we are introducing a full race day for fans and drivers. This is something we are working towards for 2014 of having DEMO days and separate Race days and I do not want the experience to be crappy, lengthy, and a bad experience for the family folks and the kids especially. We originally moved this date for Petty to allow them their points day in on the 21st and we will not run on that weekend.

We also pre planned at that time over a month ago to have a backup plan for the 27th/28th. This Sunday the 15th is NOT AN OPTION as we have known for a along time. Our good friends at Speedway 660 would be running their ENDURO Sunday using the scoring system we would using to do our races as well. This EVENT was intended to be on a Friday Saturday and if we have the right weather it will be a great experience for everyone. Some staff have prior arrangements and so do most fans. We had never planned on running on the Sunday as it was going to be a big day of racing and to try and jam it all in on a Sunday would be torture on drivers and people that have to work on Monday.
We have decided to POSTPONE until Sept 27,28th and we WILL have a pre arranged plan if we get pushed to Sunday due to Rain again. I want this to be a good day for everyone. As discussed with other tracks previously, we will NOT be moving the event for Sept 27/28/29 for any reason of other track rainouts in the next 2 weeks. This will allow the car counts to be strong as it appears that PETTY & Scotia Speed World will have completed their Finales and the NS,and NB cars will be able to attend and have a great time. ESMCS will also be able to enjoy their race in PEI. Don’t get mad at us if it does not rain tomorrow but understand that we have never been ones that need to shove a race date in just to get it in.

Traveling and spending is hard enough on racers and fans without adding to it. The odds are just not that great for a good day and I hope everyone understands. We have been know for early calls in the past and we are not about to change that so people can plan their weekends and racing will not be a hinderance to the only 2 days off a week that the working folk get to enjoy. This is rather than waiting to the last minute to decide what to do with your valuable time. We may be off once and a while but the rewards are much better when you respect the racing family and the racing family fans.
I am now going to hide under a pillow and relax my head. I just may have to crack a COORS LIGHT first.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in Maritime Racing