Speedway 660 Announces 2021 Schedule
(FREDERICTON, NB – February 15th, 2021) – Speedway 660 is excited to announce their schedule of events for the Summer of 2021. The Geary, New Brunswick oval enters its 28th consecutive season of racing and will host 14 stock car events over 11 weekends beginning in May and ending in September.
Highlights of the 2021 schedule include;
- The season kicks off on Sunday, May 16th with the Riverview Ford Lincoln Season Opener. Like 2020, the event will include an extended distance Pro Stock race. This 150-lap feature will open the Petty International Raceway and Speedway Pro Stock Series. The Riverview Ford Lincoln Season Opener (and the Series between the two tracks) was won by Ashton Tucker of Lyttleton, New Brunswick.
- SpeedWeekend 2021 anchors the season, taking place from Friday, September 3rd to Sunday, September 5th. All three nights will see racing action, culminating with the 21st Annual Pro Stock 250.
- The DMR Auto presents the Fourth Annual Ricky Bobby 150 will close the 2021 calendar at Speedway 660 on Saturday, September 25th. The race has turned into one of the most well attended races on the annual Street Stock calendar.
- Mid-August will see two major grassroots racing events. August 14th will see the second running of the Urquhart Construction Street Stock 100 (extended to a 100-lap race in 2021) and August 21st will see the Fourth Annual Fredericton Gun Shop Sharp Shooter 50. The Pro Stocks will join the August 21st card for a 100-lap feature of their own.
- Each of the four house divisions will contest at least three extended distance races throughout the season. Teams are urged to check the schedule for their big races.
- The Sportsman, Street Stock and Sharp Shooter (Four Cylinder) divisions will all race for track championships in 2021. Based on the current schedule, the Pro Stock division will not crown a track for the first time in facility history outside of the shortened 2020 COVID-19 season.
- The Passione Flooring & Interiors East Coast Mini Stock Tour (ECMST) returns twice in 2021 after they lost their season in 2020 due to COVID-19. The May 29th appearance of the four cylinder tour is expected to be the opening night for the ECMST while they will double dip on SpeedWeekend 2021 with features on September 4th and 5th.
- The Atlantic Modified Tour will race in five events over three weeks at Speedway 660 in 2021. Their first event in Geary will take place on Saturday, June 26th and will be followed by double header weekends on Saturday, July 31st and Sunday, August 1st and SpeedWeekend 2021 on Friday, September 3rd and Sunday, September 5th.
- INEX sanctioned racing returns to Speedway 660 with the Maritime League of Legends Tour and the Tim’s Corner Motorsports (TCM) Bandolero Blast on SpeedWeekend 2021. The Legends and Bandoleros will race on Saturday, September 4th with the second half of the TCM Bandolero Blast taking place on Sunday, September 5th.
- The schedule takes other tracks into consideration, continuing to build on active discussions between most tracks within the Maritime Provinces after a successful second Maritime Short Track Summit held in December 2020.
- To that point, Street Stock teams should keep close for an announcing coming soon involving several Maritime tracks and some big Street Stock events.
The 2021 schedule is subject to change without notice. Further announcements on individual events including ticketing information and presenting marketing partners will be released as those races draw closer.
The 2021 building rules for teams competing in Speedway 660’s four house divisions are now posted. Teams can find these by going to Speedway660.com and clicking on “Rules” under the Driver Info tab.
For more information about Speedway 660, visit Speedway660.com, like @Speedway660 on Facebook or call the Speedway 660 Raceline at (506) 454-7223.
About Speedway 660:
Speedway 660 is one of Canada’s premier stock car racing facilities. Located in New Brunswick’s Fredericton region, it attracts race teams and fans from the Maritimes, New England and Quebec. The Speedway 660 racing season runs from mid May until late September. SpeedWeekend, one of the most prestigious short track events in eastern North America, ancors Speedway 660’s racing season on Labour Day Weekend.
|2021 Speedway 660 Schedule
|Saturday, May 15th||12pm to 5pm||Practice and Pre-Tech Day||PS, SP, SS, 4CYL|
|Sunday, May 16th||2pm||Riverview Ford Lincoln Season Opener + Petty/660 Pro Stock 150||PS150, SP, SS, 4CYL|
|Saturday, May 29th||6:30pm||Passione Flooring & Interiors East Coast Mini Stock Tour Opener||ECMST, SP, SS, 4CYL|
|Saturday, June 12th||6:30pm||Kids Day||PS, SP, SS, 4CYL|
|Saturday, June 26th||6:30pm||Atlantic Modified Tour||AMT, SP, 4CYL|
|Saturday, July 3rd||6:30pm||Sportsman 200||SP200, SS, 4CYL|
|Saturday, July 17th||6:30pm||Christmas in July + Pro Stock 150||PS150, SS, 4CYL|
|Saturday, July 31st||6:30pm||Firecracker Sportsman 150 + Atlantic Modified Tour||SP150, AMT, SS|
|Sunday, August 1st||2pm||Pro Stock 75 + Sharp Shooter 50 + Atlantic Modified Tour||PS75, 4CYL50, AMT|
|Saturday, August 14th||6:30pm||Urquhart Construction Street Stock 100||SS100, SP, 4CYL|
|Saturday, August 21st||6:30pm||Fredericton Gun Shop Gunslinger 50 + Pro Stock 100||4CYL50, PS100, SS|
|Friday, September 3rd||TBA||SpeedWeekend Teaser||AMT, 4CYL|
|Saturday, September 4th||TBA||Sportsman Spotlight||SP, MLOL, ECMST, BN|
|Sunday, September 5th||TBA||21st Annual Pro Stock 250||PS250, SS, AMT, ECMST, BN|
|Saturday, September 25th||TBA||DMR Auto presents the Fourth Annual Ricky Bobby 150||SS150, SP, 4CYL|
PS – Pro Stock | SP – Sportsman | SS – Street Stock | 4CYL – Sharp Shooters
**schedule is subject to change without notice