#TCMBestof2020 – Ninth Annual Finish Line Vinyl Design Best Looking Car Award Results
The Ninth Annual Finish Line Vinyl Design Best Looking Car Award returned to a single award in 2020, combining what was a split award among Late Model and Support Class cars. A mix of Best Looking Car mainstays and newcomers looked to grab the attention of the panelists and the fans to take the award.
How did it all shake down? Find out here..
Finish Line Vinyl Design Best Looking Car Award Scoring
The nominees for this years award were placed into a Facebook photo album on our Facebook page. A panel of 12 from outside the region whom are seeing the cars for the first time, had the chance to pick their favorite five cars, in no particular order. Each car they selected received one panel vote. The five cars that received the most panel votes are placed into the Fan Vote portion of the award.
As in previous years, the fan vote is worth 50% of scoring for this award. The panel’s final overall tally will count for the other half. The car which scores the most points over the two halves will win the award.
Ties are broken by the car who finished higher in the panel vote.
All rights to photos to their respective photographer – photos used as submitted for panel judging. Featured Photo by Mike Francis
FINISH LINE VINYL DESIGN BEST LOOKING CAR – RESULTS
5th Place – #43 Hudson Weston – Late Model Sportsman – Speedway 660 – Four Points
4th Place – #1 Megan Parrott/Number One Racing – Late Model Sportsman – Scotia Speedworld – 10 Points
3rd Place – #88 Caden Tufts – Bandolero – Scotia Speedworld – 12 Points
2nd Place – #36 Gary Elliott – Pro Stock – Maritime Pro Stock Tour – 16 Points (FAN VOTE WINNER)
CHAMPION – #2 Ashton Tucker – Pro Stock – Open Competition – 18 Points (PANEL VOTE WINNER)
- This is the fourth time both Number One Racing and Brad Silliker Motorsports have made the final ballot for the Finish Line Vinyl Design Best Looking Car – setting award bests for most appearances over nine years.
- For Number One Racing, this is the fourth straight year of making the final ballot (2017 to 2020).
- For Brad Silliker Motorsports, they have made the final round four of the last six years, receiving an honorable mention in 2016 and 2018. This is the second time they have won the Panel Vote, taking the eyes of the Panel in 2015. They won the Fan Vote in 2019.
- This is Ashton Tucker’s third TCM Best of Racing Award, winning the Breakout Performer of the Year twice (2015, 2017). This is Brad Silliker Motorsports first TCM Best of Racing Award as a team.
- This is the third time a team from New Brunswick has won the Finish Line Vinyl Design Best Looking Car Award but first for a Late Model team from the Province in the nine year history of the Award. Courtney Barton (2019) and Luc McLaughlin (2018), both driving Street Stocks, have each brought the award to New Brunswick.
- We want to thank Kirk Alexander and Finish Line Vinyl Design for their support of Tim’s Corner Motorsports and the Best Looking Car Award over the past seven seasons. Head over to www.facebook.com/finishlinevinyldesign and check them out for all your vinyl and custom design needs!
1st – #2 Ashton Tucker – 10 Points
2nd – #88 Caden Tufts – 8 Points
3rd – #36 Gary Elliott – 6 Points
4th – #1 Megan Parrott – 4 Points
5th – #43 Hudson Weston – 2 Points
1st – #36 Gary Elliott – 10 Points (39% of Vote)
2nd – #2 Ashton Tucker– 8 Points (23% of Vote)
3rd – #1 Megan Parrott – 6 Points (16% of Vote)
4th – #88 Caden Tufts – 4 Points (13% of Vote)
5th – #43 Hudson Weston – 2 Points (9% of Vote)
2020 – Ashton Tucker of Lyttleton, NB (#2 Brad Silliker Motorsports Pro Stock)
2019 – Megan Parrott of Beaver Bank, NS (#1 Pothier Motors/Number One Racing Dodge Sportsman) | Courtney Barton of Minto, NB (#21 William’s Seafood Street Stock)
2018 – Dylan Gosbee of Cornwall, PE (#91 Hynes Racing/Greenfield Enterprises Pro Stock) | Luc McLaughlin of Geary, NB (#11 C.B. Warren Auto Care Street Stock)
2017 – Dylan Blenkhorn of Truro, NS (#67 Quinn Flooring Chevrolet Pro Stock) | #06 Sara Thorne of Chance Cove, NL (#06 Bay By Bay Paving Bandolero)
2016 – Josh Collins of Placentia, NL (#56 Edward Collins Contracting Toyota Camry Sportsman)
2015 – Drew Greenlaw of Eastport, ME (#23 RE/MAX, Lighthouse Lobster and Bait Chevrolet SS Sportsman)
2014 – Steve Ross of Waverley, NS (#24 Speedy Auto Center Chevrolet SS Pro Stock)
2013 – Braden Langille of Shubenacadie, NS (#51 Velocity Machining and Welding Bandolero)
2012 – Frankie Fraser of Shubenacadie, NS (#15 Alexander Racing Ford Pro Stock)
About Finish Line Vinyl Design:
Finish Line Vinyl Design was founded in 2013 by Kirk Alexander and is the only place you need to go for all your design and print needs. From the design itself to making it a reality, whether it’s a sign, banner, vehicle wrap, race car graphics or any other method of print, Finish Line Vinyl Design will help you create a great finish. For more information, find them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/finishlinevinyldesign