Riverside to Host Toromont Cat Pro Stock 150 Saturday, September 26th
JAMES RIVER, NS (September 15, 2020) – The high banks of Riverside International Speedway will roar into action September 26 with the Toromont Cat 150 for the Parts for Trucks Pro Stock Tour. The facility has been approved by Nova Scotia’s Public Health authorities to host as many as 1,250 fans at the event with appropriate COVID-19 restrictions in place.
“We’re thrilled to make this announcement,” said Donald Chisholm, owner of Riverside International Speedway. “While things will be different, we hope this brings some sense of normalcy to our fans in what has been an anything but normal year. I want to thank everyone for their continued loyal support of Riverside and especially the sponsors, like Toromont Cat, who are participating in this event.”
“While very different from other years, Toromont Cat is happy to have the opportunity to partner with Riverside International Speedway and bring exciting racing action back to the track again,” said Matt Ferguson, Branch Manager, Nova Scotia, Toromont Cat. “Despite the challenging year we have all faced, one thing remains the same, our commitment to our customers and racing fans. We look forward to seeing you at the Toromont Cat 150!”
The grandstand area will be separated into five self-contained zones, each with their own entry/exit, washrooms, and seating; highlights of the Guest Management Plan follow…
- Fans must maintain a minimum two meter/six foot distance at all times from anyone who is not in their close family or social group while on Riverside property; this includes the parking lot, to and through their dedicated zone entrance and exit, while seated, going to and from washrooms, and any line ups they may incur while on-site.
- Fans must stay in the zone they are ticketed for.
- Depending on the zone, every third or fourth row will be available for seating.
- Pre-determined family and social groups of up to 10 people can sit together with a two meter/ six foot distance between groups.
- Fans are required to wear a face mask at all times except when seated with their group.
- The canteen will be open with food and beverage service; more details to follow.
- No coolers or backpacks; fans can carry-in food and non-alcoholic beverages (no glass containers) in a transparent bag measuring no larger than 36cm x 36cm (14″ x 14″).
COVID-19 screening and contact tracing information collection will take place at time of ticket purchase as well as at the entry on race day. Anyone not adhering to COVID-19 protocols will be asked to leave.
Racing will start at 2:30 p.m. on September 26; a full schedule will be announced in the coming days as will the support class. Tickets will be available later this week, online with digital delivery. Premium Seat and Season Pass holders who renewed for 2020 will be contacted directly by email.
Fans can stay up-to-date with Riverside news by visiting riversidespeedway.ca or following the track social media pages (Facebook and Twitter), and by signing up to receive the Riverside newsletter which is delivered by email.
About Riverside International Speedway:
For 51 years, Riverside International Speedway has been recognized as a premiere stock racing facility in Canada. The 1/3-mile high-banked asphalt oval roars to action several times a year for special events. It is the home of the IWK 250 – widely known throughout North America as a “bucket list” event for racers and fans alike. Located in James River, between New Glasgow and Antigonish, the facility is easily accessible at exit 30 on Trans Canada Highway 104. For more information please visit www.riversidespeedway.ca or call 902-863-2410.