Maritime League of Legends Announces Qualifying Procedures for Schooner General Contracting Legends Challenge
The Maritime League of Legends Tour is heading to Riverside International Speedway this Friday evening for the Schooner General Contracting Legends Challenge. With a field of over 30 expected for the race, the Series has implemented qualifying procedures specific to the Friday, July 19th event.
Please see the qualifying procedures for the event below.
To All Drivers,
We expect the field for the Schooner General Contracting Legends Challenge to exceed 32 cars, and due to safety concerns, we are planning to limit the feature to 32 cars. For that reason, the Executive and Board of Directors have agreed to put the following procedures in place to determine the starting field for the feature:
- Heats will have a maximum of 10 cars per heat, cars will be evenly distributed amongst the heats.
- The heat a car will compete in will be determine by random pill draw at the drivers meeting
- Failure to pull a pill at the drivers meeting will result in the car starting last in a heat
- Pills for heat race positions will be drawn as per the current MLoL procedures
Feature Race Line-Up:
- If there are 32 cars or less than all cars will qualify for the feature all current MLoL procedures apply as normal.
- If there are 33 or more cars the following procedure will determine the line-up:
- Top 6 cars from each heat will take the first 24 positions
- 25th position will be given to the highest non-qualified MLoL car which has competed in at least 1 of the first 3 MLoL races*
- 26th position will be given to the highest non-qualified MLoL car which has competed in at least 1 of the first 3 MLoL races*
- 27th position will be determined by Riverside Speedway Officials
- 28th position will be determined by the Presenting Sponsor (Schooner General Contracting)
- 29th position will be given to the car traveling the greatest distance to make the race
- 30th position will be given to the top INEX registered car from Scotia Speedworld Series (Based on SSW points)
- 31st position will be determined by random draw from all remaining cars who did not qualify for the feature by any other means.
- 32nd position will be determined by random draw from all remaining cars who did not qualify for the feature by any other means.
- There will be no inversion of the starting grid, last week’s winner (should they qualify for the feature) can start no better than 16th position.
* If no MLoL car requires this spot it will be filled by random draw and start at the rear of the field.
Random Draw procedure:
- Random draws will occur in the technical inspection area 10 minutes after the conclusion of the final heat race.
- Each car wishing to make the feature via random draw will pull a pill from the bucket
- Order for pulling a pill will be based on pills drawn for the heat races in descending order (i.e. highest pill drawn for heat position will draw first).
- The lowest pill drawn will be awarded the spot.
- Each Random draw will repeat the proceeding 3 bullets.
Any car not making the feature will be scored as a DNS and receive last place points and pay. Drivers should also note that the sponsorship purse is awarded to the top 28 cars, cars 29 and beyond will be paid the current MLoL base pay for any race. Please note the MLoL and Riverside Speedway reserve the right to expand the field on race day if conditions allow it. The decision to expand the field (if any) will be announced during the drivers meeting and no further expansions will be made after the drivers meeting is held.