FIRST LOOK; Miramichi Street Stock 100 Up to 17 Pre-Registered Entries
Speedway Miramichi’s October stock car and demolition event, renamed “The Very Best Fall Shootout,” has released the first look at pre-registered entries for the Street Stock 100 on Saturday, October 13th. The list boasts 17 entries, a number that is expected to grow, and features a Who’s Who of the best Street Stock drivers from all three Maritime Provinces.
Reigning champion Brad MacLean (Miramichi, NB) was the first to file his intent to compete in the October 13th event. Riley Goodwin (McAdam, NB), who joined MacLean on the podium in 2017, is also pre-entered for the event.
Newly crowned Petty International Raceway champion Michael Cormier (Grand-Barachois, NB), Oyster Bed Speedway Super Series winner Brandon Snow (Oyster Bed Bridge, PE), six-time Scotia Speedworld champion Dan Smith (Lower Sackville, NS), former Speedway 660 champion Roger Slocum (Chipman, NB), 2018 championship contender Justin Cole (Harvey, NB), Speedway 660 Rookie of the Year Kyle MacKinnon (Lincoln, NB) and Petty International Raceway Rookie of the Year Brandon Carter (Moncton, NB) only begin to scratch the surface of the talent looking to win big in Miramichi in October.
A complete list of pre-registered cars, as of October 1st, can be found below.
Street Stock 100 – Entries as of October 1st – In Order of Registration
- Brad MacLean #13 (Miramichi, NB)
- Brodie MacQuarrie #66 (Brackley Beach, PEI)
- Brandon Snow #7 (Oyster Bed, PEI)
- Tayler Albert #31 (Summerside, PEI)
- Brennan MacInnis #26 (Glace Bay, NS)
- Brandon Hollier #01 (Gray Rapids, NB)
- Michael Cormier #68 (Grand Barachois, NB)
- Brandon Carter #19 (Moncton, NB)
- Chris Wilson #2W (South Esk, NB)
- Roger Slocum #15 (Chipman, NB)
- Dan Smith #39 (Middle Sackville, NS)
- Kyle MacKinnon #22 (Fredericton, NB)
- Shawn Furlong #16 (Blackville, NB)
- Riley Goodwin #77 (McAdam, NB)
- Mitchell Arsenault #51 (Summerside, PEI)
- Deryk Murphy #33 (Miramichi, NB)
- Justin Cole #38 (Harvey, NB)
Registration for the event is free of charge and the form can be filled out online at the Speedway Miramichi website. Early registration helps the race track prepare for the event and will save time at the gate on race day.
With the Atlantic Championships in Shediac taking place this weekend, more drivers are expected the register within the next seven days as the event draws closer. A number of names have expressed interest in the event but have yet to officially file an entry with the track.
The event begins at 2pm on Saturday, October 13th and will feature support from the Mini Stock division with a 50-lap finale, the Dukes division and point finales for the Atlantic Modified Tour and the Eastern Super Mini Cup Series. A Demolition spectacular will complete the afternoon of motorsports action. Complete format and more information will be available next week. The Very Best Fall Shootout will close the 50th Anniversary Season Celebration of Speedway Miramichi.